Thursday 8 November 2012

Maudie & Bear Abroad

It's been a little while since I've posted any news. Really I've been waiting for something to actually happen and this week seems to be the week of happenings.

Quite out of the blue Maudie & Bear has been shortlisted for in the NSW Premier's Literary Awards for the Patricia Wrightson Award. The other books shortlisted for this award are Crow Country, Taj and the Great Camel TrekFor All Creatures, Angel Creek and Bungawitta. Click here for a list of all those nominated in the various categories. 

Maudie and Bear are also making an appearance in New York at present. Published by Putnam in the US, Maudie & Bear was selected for The Original Art, an annual exhibition showcasing the year's best children's books. 


It makes me giggle to think of Bear riding his bicycle with Maudie in the basket all the way over there... while I sit and work. Actually I feel rather envious. Maudie and Bear are currently cycling through the United States, Harry and Hopper bounced through last year but I've never been to New York. But I'm ever so proud of them! 

Here's some more information about the exhibition, which is open until 22nd December and then touring through the US the following year. 


3 comments:

  1. Freya,
    I just love your work!

    Your work in general brings not only childhood's innocent expressions, but the atmosphere of childhood thoughtfulness as well.

    This one has reminders for me.... When I was a little girl my uncle used to ride me around in the front basket of the bicycle down bumpy gravel roads. After sitting in the wire basket for a little while, it really made quite an impression on me (tic).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats for being shortlisted for the literary award. by the way you haven't shared anything about the book except the title page. the bear looks cute and the girl sitting on the cycle is also adorable.

    ReplyDelete